Aerinravage's GamerCard

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sleepless Sewing


(Clothcrafting Rank Up!)

Kind of a long weekend so I know this won't be as detailed as I'd like. Friday night was pretty much all crafting, even though I had my flag up. We didn't get date night because of a sicky, so the schedule got a little messed up. In any case I made a few more obi then switched back to tabi. I think I got to about 25 when Magiczeppelin put out a call for AF coffer help in the Citadel. It was already after 3 and I was tired but I wanted to help. Teferi and Stoik were the others in the party.

We plowed our way in, and I had an embarrassing moment when a party leveling near Gate 1 helped me open it and I *missed* it! I had to get a second helping of help. Eventually, well after 4, Zep called a halt. He was gonna log behind Gate 3 and hope for the best. Less than 5 minutes after he logged, the coffer popped. I hope he got it later!

Saturday was a long day. Ape gave me a few hours in the afternoon while she and her fam shopped at a new store. I spent most of the time crafting ^^ I made it to 28 (!) just as Seban and Pazaru requested a second tele to Mea. Turns out they were doing Windy 2-1 and I offered to help them in Shakrami looking for the Lapis Coral.

Oh yeah - The boys watched me for a bit riding the manaclipper. I explained about fishermen, reeling in monsters, and other trivia. I netted a Clot Plasma which I almost NPCed because I had no idea it was worth close to 10k!!! And since I was unlocking the Purgonorgo Island tele from my Savage swimsuit, I might try to grab one a week.

Later we went to dinner, mini golf and a Barnes & Noble with our friends. When we got home at 11-ish we watched some SNL and then while Ape surfed the web I watched more Initial D.

Look, try not to laugh to hard at a 36-year old married father of 2 watching drift anime. I've been into sports cars and precision driving for well over a decade and now that I *finally* have a sports car of my own (Mazda RX-8) I'm finally getting to apply all the skills I've leveled up on FF cars to a proper FR platform with decent power.

I logged back on close to 2:30 and instead of crafting I finally got a party! On WAR! I was in Jeuno selling off the heaps of ninja socks I'd made and on getting the invite grabbed the first Kazham-bound boat I could. On the way the leader asked me to change to either PLD or NIN. I was kinda happy because I assume he actually took the time to read my /seacom. However, I really wanted to try out WAR/NIN dual-wielding axes. I resisted by was going to change when he popped back with a "keep it" note.

Turns out we had two warriors - Melvina, another Mithra, was also WAR/NIN. It seems like she was hitting more often than I was. Certainly, I was missing about as often as I hit. We had pretty identical accessories but a key diff was her armor was loaded with DEX and AGI boosts. Hmmm...

Michaels, our leader, pulled nonstop and I got close to 6k XP in less than an hour. We had 2 deaths - Michaels died but got a raise from our WHM, then later the WHM got one-shotted. Michaels left and after over 5 minutes waiting for the WHM, Melvina (new leader) disbanded. I wished her well with her RL arm injury.

Sunday was just a 10-minute stop to grab money and put the last of the socks up. Not only are they all selling rapidly, but I'm clearing 2-3k profit. I may wind up losing "just" 50-60k on the crafting grind versus the 130k-odd I was looking at earlier. I was actually getting bummed about the gilsink.

No comments: